Fun things to do in Forest City this 2018-19 WINTER!
Bookmark this page! We’ll continue to update this page as we receive more ideas and information about fun things to do in Forest City this Winter.
1. Cross Country Skiing at Pilot Knob State Park. Follow trail conditions at http://forestcityski.blogspot.com. The west bound lane going throug the park is for skiers.
2. Explore local Sledding hot spots behind Forest City Schools and at Pilot Knob!
3. Try your hand at Cosmic Bowling and Arcade Games at the Super Bowl in Forest City. www.superbowlforestcity.com
4. Bring back a bit of summer by suiting up and going for a Swim at the YMCA. The whole family can go for a swim for a $14 daily guest pass.
5. Try Ice Fishing on Winnebago River in Pammel Park or Thomas Bearse Park.
6. Tour the Holiday Lights at Heritage Park of North Iowa on display now through Dec 24th. This will kick up the Holiday Spirit for the whole family. Santa is there every night to chat with the young ones.
7. Hike the trails at Pilot Knob State Park. Join the First Day Hike on January 1st. This hike is hosted by Friends of Pilot Knob State Park.
8. See a Movie at the Forest Theatre. It’s only $4.00 for adults! www.forestcitytheatre.com
9. Do the Christmas Hustle @ The YMCA, Sunday, December 30th, 1 – 2 pm, spinning and core workout. Non-members are $5 and a can of food for adults to get you moving in the new year! http://forestcityymca.org
10. Grab your honey and a little black dress for the perfect date night at the New Years Eve Gala in Forest City. Contact the Forest City Education Foundation for tickets.
11. Dive into a creative project at Chipped Inscriptions on Hwy 69. Open to Individuals and groups of any age. Call today 590-0326.
12. The kids and bird lovers might enjoy peeking in at birds and wildlife on the Live Web Cam at Thorpe Park. www.winnebagoccb.com
13. Cheer on the Waldorf Warriors at one of their many bowling, hockey, wrestling and basketball games! Pick a game to attend at www.waldorfwarriors.com
14. Snowmobiling! Find trails and conditions at this site:http://www.northiowasnojammers.com/
15. Youth Yoga at the YMCA, 2-8th graders, Jan 7th-Feb 13th, Mon and Wed after school. Fees: $20 members, $35 non-members.
16. Run in the New Year 5k, a YMCA event on January 1st, free for members, $5.00 and a non-perishable canned good for non-members. The run starts at the YMCA at 9am.
17. Drop-in Pickleball at the YMCA. Starting Jan. 7th, Monday, Wednesdays and Fridays. Equipment provided, free for members, $20 for 8 visits for non-members.
18. Starting in January, 2019 the Forest City YMCA offers after school S.T.E.A.M.S. program for middle school students grades 5-8. These new programs will focus on Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, Math and Skilled Trades. These programs will be 100% free to any middle
school student wishing to participate. Contact the YMCA for details.