11 things to do before the Summer is over:
1. Take the family for a picnic in the new gazebo in Merrick Park.
2. Check out the Butterfly garden in Pammel Park.
3. Put that cell phone to good use by taking nature photos as your explore Pilot Knob State Park on your bike.
4. Try out the new sand volleyball courts in Bowman Park.
5. Go for a final swim at the Aquatic Center.
6. Treat yourself to an ice cream cone from Scoopy Doos.
7. Challenge your friends to a game of disc golf.
8. Check out the beautiful scenery around Lake Catherine at Thorp Park.
9. Make a stop at the Farmers Market on Tues and Thurs 3-6 pm at the Shopko Parking lot.
10. Try a round of golf at Bear Creek Golf Course.
11. Bike or walk all 15 miles of local Trails – Hynes Spur, Hanson Trail, and Pilot Knob Loop.