Join us for the Winnebago Outdoor Adventure Race 2017
June 3, Forest City, Iowa
Join in the fun at the Winnebago Outdoor Adventure Race on June 3, 2017 in Forest City, IA! This race is organized by Forest City Parks and Recreation Department and is designed for teams and individuals interested in the challenge and excitement of an adventure race. Family and friends are encouraged to watch and join participants for a day of food, fun and biking activities. Camping is available at Pammel Park.
•Transition area: The course has one transition area from which participants will begin bicycling and running portions of the race. The transition area will be in Pammel Park (On Hwy 69 and East on J Street)
• The Adventure Race begins (a wave start) with a 2.25 mile canoe/Kayak race. The race start is at Pammel Park and finishes at Pammel Park. Racers will go up the Winnebago River, then turn around back to Pammel Park, about 2.25 miles.
•The 12 mile bike route will begin at Pammel Park on the Hynes Spur Trail, then East on J Street. After a turn south onto South Golf Course Road, the riders will then head east on 340th Street to Pilot Knob. From there the bikers will bike the Pilot Knob Loop and then return to the Pammel Park on the same route.
•The 5K running route will begin at Pammel Park, run the Hynes Spur Trail to Airport Road then back to the park.
- fees are $30.00 per person. The event is open to all ages. Anyone participating who is under 18 years old must be accompanied by an adult.
- Race registration and packet pick-up is Saturday 7:00 A.M. at Pammel Park
- Pre-race meeting begins at 7:30 A.M. at Pammel Park.
- This race has one transition area in Pammel Park, where you will find a staffed designated area for your race equipment beginning at 7 A.M.
- Race Categories are: Solo, Tandem, and Relay.
- Race begins (wave start) at 8:30 A.M. with the canoe/kayak race from Pammel Park. Assistance will be provided for canoes/kayaks going in and out of the river.
- Awards for first, second and third place finishes in all categories.
- This is a rain or shine event. Race organizers reserve the right to cancel or postpone the race due to poor weather conditions or race route conditions.
Included in your fee:
- Lunch will begin at 11:00am and continue after all racers have crossed the finish line
- T-shirt (If registered before May 10)
- Goodie bag filled with products and coupons
- Water & Gatorade served during the event
1. Are there restrictions or regulations on what kind of canoe/kayak, bike, or paddle I can use?
No, you may use any type of bike, paddle or canoe/kayak, you choose.
2. Do I have to wear a helmet while on my bike?
Yes, all participants on the bike portion of the race will be required to wear CPSC/ANSI approved helmets.
3. Do I have to wear a life jacket while I am in my boat?
Yes, all participants will be required to wear US Coast Guard approved personal floatation device while on the river.
4. How do the categories work?
SOLO participants compete in the entire course.
TANDEM participants also compete in the entire course, paddling in one canoe or tandem kayak and competing in both the bike AND run. Times are averaged. Parent/child teams often enter in this category.
RELAY participants compete in sections of the race as assigned by their team.
5. Can I rent a boat?
You are responsible for providing a boat.
Questions? Contact Race Organizer: Forest City Parks & Recreation 641-585-4860
- Keep up-to-date on race announcements and changes by connecting on Facebook
- All proceeds of this annual event go toward the upkeep and expansion of the Forest City Trails.
- Local Forest City information is available at www.forestcityia.com or call Forest City Parks & Recreation 641-585-4860
Title Sponsor: Winnebago Outdoor
SEE YOU ON RACE DAY!