Join in the fun at the Winnebago Outdoor Adventure Race on June 6, 2015 in Forest City, IA! This race is organized by Forest City Parks and Recreation Department and is designed for teams and individuals interested in the challenge and excitement of an adventure race. Family and friends are encouraged to watch and join participants for a brunch in Pammel Park following the Race.
The course starts with a 7 mile canoe/kayak race from Ambroson Recreation Area, south of Leland, Iowa to Pammel Park on the Winnebago River. This is followed by a 12 mile bike race from Pammel Park to Pilot Knob State Park. The race finishes with a 5k run along Hynes Spur in Pammel Park. The course has one transition area from which participants will begin bicycling and running portions of the race.
- The canoe/Kayak race begins at Ambroson Recreation Area to Pammel Park on the Winnebago River. A seven mile race with a wave start.
- The bike route will exit Pammel Park on J Street heading East, a turn south onto South Golf Course Road, the riders will then head east on 340th Street to Pilot Knob. From there the bikers will bike the Pilot Knob Loop and then return to Pammel Park on the same route.
- The 5K will proceed on Hynes Spur bike trail heading south and returning north on the same route.
- fees are $30.00 per person REGISTER HERE:
- Pasta will be available Friday night at the Riverview Restaurant, 945 Highway 69 South, Forest City, IA.
- Packet pick-up is Friday 6-7 pm at Riverview Restaurant.
- Pre-race begins at 8:15 A.M. at Ambroson.
- This race has one transition area in Pammel Park, where you will find a staffed designated area for your race equipment beginning at 7 A.M.
- Race Categories are: Solo, Tandem, and Relay.
- Race begins (wave start) at 8:30 A.M. with the canoe/kayak race from Ambroson
- Awards for first, second and third place finishes in all categories.
- This is a rain or shine event. Race organizers reserve the right to cancel or postpone the race due to poor weather conditions or race route conditions.
Included in your fee:
- Lunch after all racers have crossed the finish line
- T-shirt (If registered before May 10)
- Goodie bag filled with products and coupons
- Water & Gatorade served during the event
For more information, contact Jeff Hovinga at firstname.lastname@example.org