Join in the Holiday Fun as we all search for the Forest City Medallion starting December 6th. Find it and WIN $300 in Forest City Bucks!
We’ll be posting clues daily on Facebook (Forest City Chamber of Commerce & Visitors Center) and announcing them each morning on KIOW-FM 107.3
Forest City Christmas Medallion Hunt is brought to you by local Forest City businesses and the Chamber of Commerce.
Prize: $300 in ‘Forest City Bucks’ which may be redeemed at any Forest City Chamber of Commerce member business, list will be provided.
- The medallion is hidden in an outdoor location that is publicly accessible 24 hours a day, within the city limits of Forest City.
- The medallion is NOT; buried, in the water or along the river bank.
- No digging or climbing is required to find the medallion. (The only exception will be if snow would cover the medallion).
- Medallion hunters do not have to break any laws to find it.
- Medallion hunters must be respectful of businesses and other people.
- Clues will be read each morning on KIOW during the Morning Show and the Birthday Show. The clues will also be posted on the Forest City Chamber of Commerce’s Facebook page.
- There are 10 total clues. One clue will be read each day for two weeks, Monday through Friday, beginning Monday, December 7, 2020. No clues will be released on Saturday or Sunday.
- Once found, the Medallion should be returned to the Forest City Chamber of Commerce, 106 S 4th St., as soon as possible.
- If you have found the medallion in the past, you and your family members are not eligible.
December 9, 2021: The Medallion has been found at Founders Park by Monique and Natalie Holland! They won $300 in Forest City Bucks! The medallion was taped to the information sign post in Founders Park. Thank you all for those who participated! And thank you to our Sponsors!
All of the clues for this year are:
|Clue #1||The 2021 hunt begins Southwest. Open the front door and head on out to experience what the medallion hunt is all about. Our opening sponsor is Advanced Door. (Start at the Southwest part of town)|
|Clue #2||We hope these clues are not a pain but head onto this historical lane. Today’s clue is sponsored by Schott Funeral Home. (John K Hanson Drive)|
|Clue #3||Walk this way, follow the line left. Today’s clue is sponsored by Winnebago Industries. (Follow the white line on the road on John K Hanson Drive)|
|Clue #4||I’m ten of 26. Today’s clue is sponsored by Jed’s Lights and Sounds. (J Street)|
|Clue #5||I’m drained. Serenity now. Today’s clue is sponsored by Newman, Thompson & Gray. (The pond at Waldorf )|
|Clue #6||This might give you fits but the clue is: a battle of wits. Today’s clue sponsored by Holland Tire. (Salveson Hall played a part in the Hotel Wars of Forest City. This was a battle of wits between two bankers in town).|
|Clue #7||It’s a rich mans world. Today’s clue is sponsored by Forest City Plaza. (MBT Bank, or NSB Bank)|
|Clue #8||Our sites are charged, come and stay. This is the clue for today. Today’s clue is sponsored by Dk Arndt. (Pammel Park Campground)|
|Clue # 9||I can bend, I can turn, I can even run. Go upstream and we’ll have some fun! Today’s clue is sponsored by Waldorf University. (Follow the Winnebago River North)|
|Clue #10||You’re here, your’re here. Look around, you’ll see the directions, and I’ll be found. Today’s clue is sponsored by Schott Funeral Home. (The Cement Forest City sign tells you you’ve arrived. Find the map kiosk behind it and the medallion was hidden on it’s post).|
Thank you sponsors: