Forest City Inn
1215 Highway 69 South
Forest City, IA 50436
Website: www.forestcityinn.comFeaturing 34 guest rooms, including 5 suites, free wireless internet, free continental breakfast and truck/bus parking.
Cobblestone Inn & Suites
1121 Highway 69 North
Forest City, IA 50436
Website: Click here
Featuring: 44 guest rooms, meeting room, including suites, free wireless internet.
Pammel Park Campground
- Contact: 641-585-4860, www.forestcityparksandrec.com/facilities
- Location: use the Pammel Park entrance off East J Street (south side.) Located next to the Winnebago River, near the suspension bridge.
- Facilities: 43 parking pads, 41 with 30 amp power outlets, showerhouse/restroom building, RV dump station, and playground nearby.
- Fees: Overnight fee is $15.00, payable at campground. First come-first serve.
Pilot Knob State Park
- Contact: 641-581-4835, www.iowadnr.gov
- Location: 2148 340th Street, just off Hwy 9, 4 miles from downtown Forest City.
- Facilities: There are 65 electric and non-electric campsites in the campground as well as modern showers, restroom facilities and a trailer dump station. A playground is located near the campground and there are two open picnic shelters. Reservations online: www.iowastateparks.reserveamerica.com
- Fees range from $11.00 to $15.00 per night.
- Contact: 641-565-3390, www.winnebagoccb.com
- Location: 34496 110th Avenue, Forest City, Located 5 1/2 miles west of Forest City on “I”/345th Street.
-North on Highway 69 to “J” Street (Casey’s corner)
-Left on “J” Street to the third 4-way stop
-Left at third stop sign 1 block to YMCA
-Right on “I” Street
-Follow “I” Street out of town until it turns to 345th Street and ends at the park (about five miles).
- Facilities: There are 15 camping sites and one cabin available for rent. Electric Sites (13 sites-$12/night), Non-Electric Sites (2 sites-$8/night) This park is home to the Winnebago County Conservation Board, 15 acre Lake Catherine (fishing & boating), hiking trails, and prairie areas. Call for reservations. Electric Sites (13 sites-$12/night), Non-Electric Sites (2 sites-$8/night)
Camping info: self-registration and no campsite reservations are taken; each site is available only on a first-come, first-served basis. There is a maximum stay of 14 days. Campers will be able to pay for their sites with cash, a check, or their credit or debit card (using a slip provided in the payment box). For more information, www.winnebagocountyiowa.gov/conservation/ or call 641-565-3390.
Three Fingers Campground
- Contact: 641-590-6653, www.threefingerscampground.com
- Location: 35604 135th Ave, Forest City, IA 50436
- Facilities: 106 RV sites. All of the sites are full service with water/sewer/electrical connections. Most of the sites are waterfront and they all have water views. Privately owned and operated. Online reservations – www.threefingerscampground.com/rates-and-reservations.html